Life Science News
Field Research Supervisor with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division of icddr,b
Photo: Nutrition and Clinical Services Division
- icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Supervisor with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.Duty station - Kishoregonj and Dhamrai, DhakaSalary - Annual Tk. 390,800/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan, implement and supervision of routine data collection works in field as well as edit and cross check collected data and participate in monthly meeting with government staff, provide logistics support to keep the routine data collection works uninterrupted, conduct qualitative interview as per project's need.
- Filing, Documentation and Record keeping: Keep records of every single activity related to project; Organize and send the forms, master list, different reports to the stake holder; Organize and preserve different official papers and office records; Seek advice from the Supervisor in case of any problem; Work with supervisor to prepare bills, vouchers; Escalate difficult cases to the Supervisor to find out a solution in order to maintain an effective filing and documentation for further use of records and verification.
- Monitoring and Supervision: Check data for accuracy; Supervise and monitor data collection activities at the field area; Quality checking of data at the field; Validate and observation of certain percentage of interview; Perform field visits and conduct regular meetings with the staff at field in order to ensure proper monitoring and supervision activities.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations) in order to build and develop a high performing team.
- Project Implementation: Understand research protocol and data collection techniques from Researcher; Receive training on data collection methods specific to the project; Provide instruction and guidance to field staff during project implementation; Guide the field staff on completion of tasks, activities, reports and documents; Provide feedback to supervisor on team members' performance in order to share knowledge and develop team members.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in any discipline
- 2 years of experience in field research.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Knowledge of Data Collection Methods
- Knowledge of Ethical Guidelines
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluations
- Knowledge of Field Activities Management
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by October 31, 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.
Please Login to comment
Write a comment