Life Science News
Medical Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division of icddr,b
- icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Medical Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.Duty station - PEI Field SitesNo. of vacancy - 2 postsSalary - Annual Tk. 1,094,260/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan, direct and conduct implementation of research activities with the objective of collecting relevant research data for creating knowledge within the guidelines of the research protocol and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Sample collection and supervision: Review the research protocol/activity guideline to understand its objectives and targeted outcome; conducting MITS, supervision of collecting and storing collection and transportation of biological samples from study hospital. Ensure to maintain proper temperature and documentation with the objective providing collection and transportation of biological samples from study hospital. Ensure to maintain proper temperature and documentation with the objective providing;
- Project Implementation: Organize and coordinate the planned activities. Maintain close liaison with local collaborators, identified the challenges and share the concern with the supervisor. Supervise field staff and provide one-on-one feedback for staff development; Identify skill gaps and recommend refresher training program; design training programs as per needs in order to implement the project on time;
- People Management: Maintain liaison with study stakeholders especially with the study hospital officials; supervise the team, resolve issues arise in the field, help to get reimburse of field team and other activities assign by the supervisor in order to obtain study objectives with adherence to quality standards and project timelines;
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Process Improvement: Prepare daily, daily and monthly report and share it with the supervisor, provide conceptual insights based on practical experience; assist to write and/or review manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journal and where possible, discuss and prepare reports together with the supervisor, revise report based on feedback received from supervisor in order to support scientific manuscript creation while developing one's own scientific writing abilities.
Education and relevant experience:
- MBBS degree from a reputed institution recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) with completion of one year internship training;
- 2 years of experience in health arena.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Cultural sensitivity
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- MS Office (Excel, Power Point) & Statistical)
- Budgeting and planning
- Resources management
- Training and development
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by November 02, 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.
Please Login to comment
Write a comment